Saturday, November 14, 2009

What Is It About Birthdays, Anyway?

It's 10:30 p.m. the night before my birthday. It's a Friday. I don't work tomorrow. And yet, here I sit at home, Lola happily laid out at my feet. Should I be out celebrating the big 2-6? The hubbs is out catching a flick with some friends, and I hear we have a big day planned tomorrow, but for now I think I'm actually pretty content to be here with my thoughts.
I spend a lot of time worrying about things, like money, work, etc. It's just my nature to be always prepared for the worst. But this year, I know I have a lot to be grateful for on this birthday.
Maybe I don't lead the kind of lifestyle that the average 20-something would long for, with mortgage payments taking precedent over fun weekend trips, and Friday nights at home with the dog are preferable to crazy nights bar or club hopping.
But I look around me at my beautiful home, see the early birthday wishes posted by friends on Facebook, feel a cold, wet nose prodding my foot and know that I am blessed.

May 26 be just as good as 25. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment