Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shop-cceptance

Lately, my shopping mojo has been revving like nobody's business. Funny, my desire to buy, buy, buy is inversely proportionate to my income. Mi madre thinks it's because I've spent most of my life being Extremely Responsible Finance Girl, and that I'm starting to rebel. I think it's that I've discovered the joy of buying things that I love. Either way.


Once a year, I do a major weed of my closet, mostly because of size restrictions: My closet's too small and my...everything else is too big. Plus, I have an unhealthy love of thrifting, and sometimes I end up with some ... interesting stuff that needs to make its way back to the local Goodwill. This year was harder than most, because I had to tank a lot of my college and immediately-post college stuff. But there is something invigorating about both liking and fitting into everything in your wardrobe. It makes getting dressed more fun when you aren't taunted by clothes from two sizes ago, sitting there with their single-digit numbers, laughing at you.

Plus, if you've got hoodies that have wear holes bigger than the one you put your head through, it may be time to retire them.

No comments:

Post a Comment