Saturday, January 2, 2010

The One Where I (Don't) Make Resolutions

I hate the concept of the New Year's resolution. It's a lot of pressure to put on one day, not to mention, people are usually overestimating either their drive, their ability or the governing rules of physics. I mean, really, could it be any more of a setup for failure?

So I don't do "resolutions."

But...who doesn't like a clean start for something? This year, the hubbs and I are going to try to be more *ahem* responsible with money, which I guess means no more fabulous-if-too-expensive handbags. It also means fewer delicious take-out meals, which will probably be better on ye olde waistline. We also *CAUTION: GROWNUP TALK AHEAD* just finished a re-fi on our house, and paid off the hubbster's car, too.

Last year, I also got my nerd on (moreso than usual) by taking on the task of reading one non-fiction book per month, a) to expand my own horizons, and b) so I'd be better at my gig a la biblioteque. I think I may do something similar this year, but I gotta say, I don't know what to pick.

Those aren't technically resolutions, right? Anybody got anything good they're giving up, changing, starting, etc.?

No comments:

Post a Comment